Wednesday 15 September 2010

Maybe it's time to admit I'm a grown up?




Even though University is a distant memory and school even more so I have always clung onto the ideal that I'm not really ready to be considered am adult. However, events recently have made me realize the fact I'm kidding no -one "I have to take my place in society".

My nieces and nephews are of an age where they are now aware of things, look to me as an authoritive figure, for guidance (and of course to fleece for extra pocket money!) And yes, I still like to think of myself as "cool Auntie Paula" but that's another story!

Secondly the last few years have seen a change (be it reluctant) in my work responsibilies. I now find myself in senior management in work. Don't get me wrong it's not something I struggle with regarding capabilities but more the fact I'm not overly a "career minded person". I have never been interested in climbing the greasy pole.

With the somewhat bad health of my boss I have been acting up as "boss/decision maker" for the last 9 days. And again I havent shyed away - have met and discussed issues with co workers, outside agencies, parents etc. The fact that they have looked to me to make far ranging decisions makes me see how other people view me now - well at least during the 9- 5 monday to Friday.
And the weekend? Well thats an entirely different case , my friends !!!!!!!!:)

1 comment:

  1. I guess it is a bit of a shock to get what you have not sought but you seem to be coping very well. You'll soon grow into the person others see. Nothing to stop you being forever young inside.

    ReplyDelete